Call for Abstracts
EHMA is pleased to launch the Call for Abstracts for the EHMA 2023 Annual Conference.
Participate in the EHMA 2023 Annual Conference by sharing your research with the full health management ecosystem.
Submit your abstract by Monday, 6 February 2023 at 11.00 CET.
EHMA 2023 gives you the opportunity to showcase your work to a wide audience of academia, researchers, health managers, healthcare professionals and policymakers from Europe and beyond. By presenting your abstract, you will highlight best practices and share innovative ideas and knowledge in health management with leading experts in the field. Your research will be fundamental to identify and discuss and address current and future needs of health management in Europe and worldwide.
Do not miss the opportunity to take part in the preeminent European conference on health management.
Please do read the following submission guidelines thoroughly. You can also download them in PDF here.
For any additional questions, please contact EHMA Events Officer, Anna Van Der Heyden at [email protected]
Deadline & Submission
Abstracts must be submitted by Monday, 6 February 2022 at 11.00 CET. Authors can edit their abstracts until the submission deadline. No further changes will be accepted after that date.
All documents must be submitted and presented in English.
It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract (grammatically and scientifically).
Type of presentation
Abstracts may be submitted for either:
- Oral presentation
- Karolinska Institutet MMC/EHMA Research Award (PhD Award)*.
At the moment of submission authors may indicate their preference for one or the other type of presentation.
Please note: the final decision on the acceptance of your abstract, as well as the type of presentation lies with the Abstract Review Committee. If you submit your abstract for oral presentation, the Abstract Review Committee may assess it suitable for oral or poster presentation. If you submit your abstract for poster presentation, the Abstract Review Committee may assess it suitable for poster presentation only.
* For submission under the Karolinska Institutet MMC/EHMA Research Award (PhD Award) please read the specific guidelines in the next tab.
EHMA 2023 tracks and topics
EHMA 2023 theme is ‘Health management: sustainable solutions for complex systems’.
We invite authors to submit abstracts under one of the five tracks:
- Governance, leadership and social responsibility
- Management, operations and practice
- Human capital, professionalism and people management
- Finance and economics
- Policy and regulations
Abstract submitters can then select one of the following topics:
- People-centred systems
- Health technology and digital transformation
- Workforce of the future
- Sustainable and resilient health systems
- Healthcare access, delivery and outcomes.
Additional information on the tracks and topics is provided in the submission guidelines here.
Abstracts can be submitted either as:
- a short paper (max 450 words)
- an abstract (max 550 words), divided in:
- Context: max 100 words
- Methods: max 150 words
- Results: max 150 words
- Discussion: max 150 words
The presenting author must be clearly marked on the submission form. Please do provide up-to-date contact details, as those will be used for any communications related to the Conference and your presentation.
Any changes in the presenter or their contact details must be communicated as soon as possible to EHMA by email to [email protected]
All abstracts will be graded following the criteria below:
- State of Completion: The abstract must show substantial results indicating that the work has been or is nearly completed.
- Novelty: The abstract must show innovative information, cutting-edge results, or present a new topic or application in the field of interest; it should be attractive and provocative for a discussion with the audience.
- Advancement of field: The abstract should present a significant contribution to the field, and the authors must specify how the paper will contribute to the development of global knowledge.
- Quality: The quality of an abstract will be considered indicative of the quality of the final presentation by the reviewers. Authors should prepare their abstracts with care, assuring that the reader will understand the background of the issue(s) and the objectives of the presentation.
- Relevance: Abstracts must be concise and coherent, and the focus of the abstract and its relevance to an international audience should be stated clearly.
Abstract review process
Abstracts are reviewed by an independent committee. The EHMA Board and Secretariat have no saying in the selection of abstracts.
Notification of results
All abstract submitters will be notified of the outcome via email by Friday, 24 March 2023. The email will contain information on:
- Acceptance or rejection of the abstract
- Type of presentation (oral or poster) and technical details
For accepted oral presentations, the exact date and time of the assigned session will be communicated by Friday, 31 March 2023.
Registration for the Conference
Abstract and poster presenters must register for the EHMA 2022 Conference by Friday, 31 March 2023 selecting the applicable fee.
EHMA does not guarantee to presenters who register after said date that their abstracts will be included in the conference publications, including the Abstract book and conference program.
All presenters must register via the online Registration System on www.ehmaconference.org.
All abstracts accepted and presented at the EHMA Conference are eligible for the following awards:
- Best European Paper
- Best non-European Paper
- Best Poster
The abstracts will be evaluated by an independent jury panel which will assess the scientific basis of the research, as well as its presentation. The Awards will be assigned to the abstracts which have the clearest and most innovative presentation, as well as a strong science background. The authors will receive the awards during the Closing Plenary.