Over the last years, national health systems and pan-European health authorities have worked tirelessly to progress toward managing the pandemic. They have created recovery plans and increasingly worked to strengthen the resilience of their health systems and the sustainability of their resources in an ever-changing context. Many lessons have been identified as a result of facing the pandemic and will be essential in the implementation of changes for the future.
The EHMA 2022 Plenary session on Implementing the lessons learnt from COVID-19 will look at:
- the key lessons learnt from COVID-19 across European health systems;
- how health systems can organise and health services adapt for a post-COVID context;
- how European and national health systems have implemented the lessons learnt from the past two years.
Join us on Thursday, 16 June from 14.30 to 15.45 CET to reflect on the lessons learnt from COVID-19 with the keynote speaker, Dr Josep Figueras, Director of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, and panellists:
- Dr Eszter Kovacs, Assistant Professor, Health Workforce Planning Knowledge Centre, Semmelweis University Health Services Management Training Centre, Hungary
- Mr Luca Rossi, Head of Unit SG.RECOVER.B3 – Social Affairs, Education, Health at the Recovery and Resilience Task Force of the European Commission
- Prof Dr Dirk Ramaekers, Head of the health crisis management team at the Belgian Ministry of Health, Board member of HERA and Head of the Task Force COVID-19 Vaccination, Belgium
The session will be facilitated by Prof Dr Kris Vanhaecht, Associate Professor in Quality in Healthcare, Leuven University, Leuven Institute for Healthcare Policy, Faculty of Medicine.
Join EHMA 2022, the preeminent European conference on health management, and meet with policy and health management experts from Europe and beyond.