Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the European Health Management Conference 2024
The EHMA 2024 Call for Abstracts is a great opportunity to showcase your research to a wide audience of academia, researchers, health managers, healthcare professionals and policymakers from Europe and beyond. By presenting your abstract, you will highlight best practices and share innovative ideas and knowledge in health management with leading experts in the field. Your research will be fundamental to identify, discuss and address current and future needs of health management.
Do not miss the opportunity to take part in the preeminent European conference on health management.
The deadline to submit your abstract is Monday, 15 January 2024 at 10.00 (CET).
Share your research with the full health management ecosystem!
Deadline and submission
Abstracts must be submitted by Monday, 15 January 2024 at 10.00 (CET). Authors can edit their abstracts until the submission deadline. No further changes will be accepted after that date.
All documents must be submitted and presented in English.
It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract (grammatically and scientifically).
Authors shall indicate their preferred presentation format. Abstracts may be submitted for either:
- Oral Presentation
- Scientific Dialogue
The Abstract Review Committee independently decides on the acceptance or rejection of the abstracts, and the presentation format. Only in the case where you indicate ‘POSTER’ as your preferred format will the Abstract Review Committee accept or reject your submission. In other words, if you submit your abstract with a preference for oral presentation or scientific dialogue, the Abstract Review Committee will assess whether your abstract should be presented as oral presentation, scientific dialogue or poster. On the contrary, if you submit your abstract with a preference for poster, the Abstract Review Committee will assess whether your abstract is accepted or rejected as a poster only.
The presentation formats are:
- Oral Presentation: this category is meant for completed research with definitive results at the time of submission. Oral Presentation sessions are made of an average of 5 presenters with 10 minutes of presentation time each.
- Scientific Dialogue: we recommend this format for research that is still in development or has not yet produced results. Scientific Dialogue sessions are made of an average of 8 presenters with 5 minutes of presentation time each.
- Poster: posters will be displayed for the entire duration of the Conference. There is no allocated time for poster’s authors to give a presentation; however accepted posters may be asked to do an optional pitch presentation of 3 minutes.
Theme, tracks and topics
EHMA 2024 theme is ‘Shaping and managing innovative health ecosystems’.
Within the broader theme, we invite authors to submit abstracts under one of the five tracks:
- Governance, leadership and social responsibility
- Management, operations and practice
- Human capital, professionalism and people management
- Finance and economics
- Policy and regulations
Submitters can then select topics that best represent their abstract among:
- People-centred systems
- Health technology and digital transformation
- Workforce of the future
- Sustainable and resilient health systems
- Healthcare access, delivery and outcomes.
Additional information on the tracks and topics is provided in the submission guidelines here.
Abstracts can be submitted as:
- short paper (max 450 words)
- abstract (max 550 words) divided in:
- Context: max 100 words
- Methods: max 150 words
- Results: max 150 words
- Discussion: max 150 words
Authors can submit up to three (3) abstracts where they are the primary author, co-author, or presenter.
The presenting author must be clearly marked on the submission form. Please do provide up-to-date contact details, as those will be used for any communications related to the Conference and your presentation. Any changes in the presenter or their contact details must be communicated as soon as possible to EHMA by email to [email protected]
All abstracts will be graded by an independent review committee following the criteria below:
- State of Completion: the abstract must show substantial results indicating that the work has been or is nearly completed. Abstracts that have final results, if accepted, are more likely to be selected as Oral Presentations. Abstracts that have not yet yielded results, if accepted, are more likely to be selected as Scientific Dialogues.
- Novelty: the abstract must show innovative information, cutting-edge results, or present a new topic or application. It should be attractive and provocative for a discussion with the audience.
- Advancement in the field: the abstract should present a significant contribution to the field, and the authors must specify how the paper will contribute to the development of global knowledge.
- Quality: the quality of an abstract will be considered indicative of the quality of the presentation. Authors should ensure that the background of the issue(s) and the objectives of the presentation are clear.
- Relevance: abstracts must be concise, and they should clearly state what the focus is and its relevance to an international audience.
Abstract review process
Abstracts are reviewed by an independent committee. The EHMA Board of Directors and Secretariat have no saying in the selection of abstracts.
Notification of results
All abstract submitters will be notified of the outcome via email by Friday, 1 March 2024. The email will contain information on:
- the acceptance or rejection of the abstract, and
- type of presentation (oral presentation, scientific dialogue, or poster) and technical details.
For accepted abstracts, the exact date and time of the assigned session will be communicated by Monday, 25 March 2024.
Registration for the Conference
Poster and abstract presenters must register to the Conference by Monday, 8 April 2024 selecting the applicable fee.
EHMA does not guarantee to presenters who register after the aforementioned date that their abstracts will be included in the Conference publications, including the Abstract book and the conference Programme.
All presenters must register via the online Registration System on this website. Please read carefully the Terms of Service and cancellation policy applying to EHMA 2024.
All abstracts accepted and presented at the EHMA conference are eligible for the following awards:
- Best European Paper
- Best non-European Paper
- Best Poster
The abstracts will be evaluated by an independent jury panel which will assess the scientific basis of the research, as well as its presentation. The Awards will be assigned to the abstracts which have the clearest and most innovative presentation, as well as a strong science background. The authors will receive the awards during the Closing Plenary.
Abstracts submitted for the Karolinska Institutet Medical Management Centre (MMC) & EHMA Research Award are not eligible for Best European Paper and Best non-European paper Awards.